Friday, October 24, 2008

211:365 Plugged in

Anna: That's me, all strapped up, taped up, plugged in and ready to try and sleep with all that attached.

Philippe took these photos. If you want to see the step-by-step of a home sleep apnea test, you can see them here.

I actually went to bed about an hour or more earlier than I normally do. Being a night owl, I found I sleep better if I don't even try to go to sleep until about 1:30-2am, then get up around 9:30 or so. Instead, I went to bed shortly after 12:30am. Unfortunately, I woke up just before 5:30am and, with all the fussing with having to carry the machine and not trip over the wires and hose to and from the bathroom, then needing to turn on the light to plug the machine back in, then having to turn it back on (I was told I wouldn't need to - perhaps it was unplugged for too long) after watching the data on the screen, waiting for it to tell me it was recording, but it only told me it wasn't, I couldn't get back to sleep.

I hope 4 - 4 1/2 hours of data is good enough.

Part of which involved me lying in bed, looking at my red-glowing fingertip in the darkness, with "ET phone home..." running through my head, and trying not to go into giggling fits.

Now, since I'm working tonight and will probably not be home until past 2am (though I might be home before midnight - I won't know until I get there), I'm going to try and get a nap in.

1 comment:

Buying ED Drugs Online said...

A debt of gratitude is in order for your glorious posting! I very delighted in understanding it.