Tuesday, September 16, 2008

184:365 Library ballycumber

Anna: Didn't get much chance to think of a photo today, so I got the girls to bring all the library materials we currently have, just to see what our total ballycumber looked like. *L*

The books on the right hand side, under the dvd's and cd's, are mine. The left hand stack is the girls'.

No, we didn't take all these out at once. We shoot for weekly library trips, with loans being 3 weeks long, and a fair number of these have been renewed at least once. Our elder daughter just finished reading Darwin's Blind Spot tonight - a really fascinating book with frequent read-aloud moments. I just finished going through A Cowboy in the Kitchen before sitting down for this post. I love cookbooks that include interesting stories, and this one has a story for every recipe. Shakespeare in the Kitchen is really good for that, too.

The hardest part is going through all the dvd's. We don't actually watch much tv. They're due the day after tomorrow. We'd had to renew a few of them already. I had the girls watching tv all afternoon to try and plow through them. *L* The Headless Romans was really interesting. The Naturalist (one of only 2 I picked - the rest are the girls' choices) wasn't what I expected, but still neat. We didn't finish RNA, though, and we have a second disc from Byzantium to watch. That still leaves about 3 or 4 dvd's to watch. :-/ I just don't see us doing that in so short a time. Hopefully, I'll be able to renew them.

No comments: