Tuesday, May 20, 2008

80:365 New camera

Anna: Today, after a bit of hoop jumping, we picked up our elder daughter's new camera. One of the benefits of living in Alberta is that it's the only province that funds home schoolers (rather than giving the funding to the schools they don't go to...). Through our school board, we were able to get a Nikon D80 with kit lens. Technically, the school board owns it - but then, technically, the school board owns the computer I'm posting this with, too.

It's a sweet deal, and I look forward to the work our daughter will do with it. Unfortunately, she wouldn't take it out of the bag for me to get a picture. She wants to take a picture of it herself. :-D

3 comments:

Gawdess said...

excellent!!!!
I'm sure that she will enjoy it!

The Travelers Journal said...

I am looking forward to seeing some of her work! What a great deal for homeschoolers in your area!

Scrivener said...

Woohoo! I love my D80 (though I must admit that I saw a deal on a D300 with some great lenses, which I obviously cannot even consider right now, but I've had the fantasy). Hope it serves her well.