Sunday, March 16, 2008

17:365 updated - Cat-Toes and Egg



Philippe: No matter where we are, the cat comes over for cuddles.. Of course, in this particular case, she looks more interested in the toes than in the scritches. :P (I really, really need to get out of the house for pictures.. )









Anna: I just finished making this and taking pictures for a craft group I'm on, and the family voted this picture for my picture-a-day submission. Who am I to argue?

For the crafty types out there, this was done using No. 10 seed beads, netted from a ring of 30 alternating colour beads, and finishing with peyote stitch at the base after the egg was tucked into place. The egg itself is the same wrapped foam core I use in temari. The instructions I was following suggested wrapping the egg in coloured foil (and No. 11 size beads, which I didn't have), but the beads I used were shiny enough on their own.

6 comments:

Gawdess said...

the egg is beautiful, the colour of the beads comes through so well - and of course who could resist the kitty?

Scrivener said...

That egg is incredibly cool!

Ruth said...

A great idea for a blog! I haven't seen this take yet, very nice. Yes, that egg is great. Fun!

Thanks for your visit and lovely comment at flying.

http://flying.my-expressions.com

Sandie said...

Great job on the egg! I tried beading for a while, but I loose patience with it quickly. I love the colors you chose.

The Travelers Journal said...

The egg is beautiful! Love the colors. The cat is cute too :)

Sharon said...

Beautiful egg and cute kitty. You are so talented :)